RECIPES FOR FOOD, BEAUTY, AND CLEANING SOLUTIONS.
Use local ingredients wherever possible and order them right here from Upstate Locally Grown Approved Producers.
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Classic Egg Hair Conditioner
Source: "EcoBeauty -- Scrubs, Rubs, Masks, and Bath Bombs for You and Your Friends" author Janice Cox as sen on StyleList AOl (Entered by Donna Putney)
Using fresh eggs to nourish and condition your hair is a classic beauty treatment — you may remember your grandmother doing this! The protein and lecithin contained in eggs keep your hair soft and smooth. (Yield: 3 ounces)
Serves: one treatment: 3 ounces
Step by Step Instructions
- Mix together all ingredients and stir well.
- Shampoo and condition as usual and massage the conditioner into your hair.
- Leave on for 1-2 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with warm, but not hot, water.
- Follow with a cool rinse and style as usual.
Comments added by fellow market members.